Thursday, September 26, 2013

Day 11: I Am Wigging Out!

After discussing it a bit with friends and my ever tolerant-of-my-hair-adventures husband, I decided to look into buying a wig.  If you've ever considered purchasing a wig, I say you should do it. It's just another fashion accessory in our arsenal of headbands, hairclips, nail extensions and padded bras. 
Here's the other thing: an inexpensive synthetic wig with proper care should last you roughly a month.  Also known as the amount of time it takes for me to get bored with my hair and begin chopping and/or dying it into nonexistence.  Why had this never occured to me before?  When I want to be a redhead, I'll be a redhead!  When I want to have long flowing blonde locks, I'll go buy them!  When I want to have a short, sophisticated brunette 'do for work, I shall put it on my wig-capped dome! And my poor abused hair can finally get some rest.  And maybe we'll see what color it actually is all by itself!

Now I know that there's some weird stigma about wigs, but I've never understood why.  Extensions are acceptable, what is the difference other than one doesn't end up giving you alopecia and requiring you wear them for the rest of your life.  So!  I bought a wig.  And considering all four of my best female friends have the most gorgeous curls, that's right, I bought a curly one. 

The last time I hated my haircut, in desperation I went to buy a wig... A chin length dishwaster blonde one, because I wanted to be able to fool people.  I never wore it because it was HORRID.  But this one, this is a thing of beauty.  So I give to you: Jackie from Freetress.  Thoughts?


4 comments:

  1. its so realistic and looks amazing...now if i could only get MY hair to curl like that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get my natural hair to have this sort of curl either. Yay for wigs!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE it! You look gorgeous! Oh and is that a robe with the lipsticks all over it? CUTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its actually a dress I got at Forever 21!

      http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?BR=plus&Category=plus_dresses&ProductID=2028470552&VariantID=

      Delete