Saturday, September 21, 2013

Day 6: Short Hair & Skin Care

Are you the type who frequently falls asleep in their makeup?   Who forgets to put on moisturizer in the morning or sunscreen when you're about to spend all day outside.  Let me just say: if you're not willing to change these habits a pixie haircut may not be for you.

There's no fall of hair to cover an outbreak of pimples, a sunburn or that heinous mark on your neck left by a man in your life.  You absolutely have to take care of your skin. This is especially hard for me because when I get a zit, I cannot leave that shit be.  Ugh. But I'm trying to get better.

My skincare routine consists of mostly Burt's Bees.  This is because if I try to change moisturizers, I will break out, so I'm stuck with what I started using several years ago.  In the morning, I use the day moisturizer with SPF.  My BB cream or foundation for the day also usually has SPF in it.  At night, I use Cetaphil to remove my makeup, then layer on Burt's Bees Night Cream pretty thick, with their eye cream to keep the wrinkles at bay.

What does your skincare routine consist of?  Do you take care of your skin or deal with the issues the next day?

Today's look: The headband I rocked for my wedding, a bit of Paul Mitchell texturizing cream and a brown smokey eye. Yay for warm colors and fall!  I changed the direction of my part to see if the cowlick behaved better.  Lo and behold, I have the same cowlick on the other side.  Sigh.....

No comments:

Post a Comment