Monday, September 16, 2013

Day 1 of Haircut: I Been Pixiefied


Auburn at the start of the year
How many times in the last year do you think you've dyed your hair?  I'm not talking about touching up at the roots or refreshing a color with a semi-permanent... I'm talking full on "new me!" hair color. 

Well, since January of this year, my hair has been auburn, highlighted blonde, chocolate brown, light brown, bright purple, pink lemonade, bright red, and now...... a black that is way more blue than originally intended.  This is because I have dyed my hair so many times by this point, it can no longer hold color.  Even a sulfate-free shampoo will cause the water swirling down the drain of my shower to mimic the color of my hair.


Blonde 



 In protest of the constant fading to a washed out version of my hair color of choice, I have chopped it to an extremely short pixie.  And because I have done this before, I know it is frustratingly difficult to find ideas on how to style your hair, how to apply makeup to work the look to your advantage and even how your clothing style may change. Especially when you are not the waif-like celebrities who you admire rocking the pixie style in most blogs and Pinterest.




Purple and short after a highlighting incident
 So my hope is that I can help people who are trying to style their hair, their makeup, and their clothes after they've left the salon, whether its because you've destroyed your hair like I have or because you love your new short hair!  Please feel free to email me if there's something you'd love to see, advice you need, or your own adventures in pixieland. I'd love to pretend this blog will be about me embarking on my journey through healthy hair by cutting off all the dye and never doing it again, but anyone who knows me knows this is just not possible.  I will be growing it out, with possibly one more trim in a month or two to get rid of the remaining bleach portions and subsequent trims styling it to avoid the danger zone of mullet territory. 


And now the moment we've all been waiting for....  day one of pixie haircut.





I worked in some FX Surfhead Extreme Texturizing Paste into the top of my hair for some faux-hawky goodness.  Today I used a picture of Katy Perry to inspire my makeup.  For the eyes, I used MAC Rondelle on my eyelids and under my lower lash line, Rimmel Soft Kohl in Pure White on my waterline, Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner in Black for my top lid, Benefit They're Real Mascara in Black.
On my cheeks I have MAC blush in Peachykeen  and my lips are MAC Plushglass in Fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment