Tuesday, October 22, 2013

5 Weeks: The Haircut

I have been a slacker-mcSlacky-ton about posting.  Between hunting for jobs, redecorating the house and pretending to unpack, I confess I haven't been much in the mood.  But!  The time has come!


So, as we noticed in my travel picture, my hair had been turning a very strange blue/gray with glints of purple and pink in it. Yeesh!  I spent some time cruising Yelp looking for a good hair salon and found one I thought had enough positive reviews to justify the expense. 


I have a really hard time paying more than $25 for a haircut because I am never happy with the results.  Oh, this haircut cost me $8? I hate it.  Oh, this haircut cost me $120?  I hate it.  So why bother?  But I decided to give it another try. 


So this is my hair before I went to get it cut.  You can see that it looks a little brown-er probably because I had about 1/2 inch of my natural color coming through.  I compared it to my Day 1 picture and didn't really see that much difference length-wise. Most of the growth I see is in the sides.  


I went to Rumors Hair Studio in Silverdale, Washington and was set up with Kristi.  I told her that I feel like my hair needed some texture and she agreed vehemently.  She described its current look as "heavy", which makes sense because though my hair is straight, it is obscenely dense.  So we decided that maybe some trimming around my ears and a bit of texturizing through the top would make a lot of difference. 

Then came the discussion of color.  What color do I want it? Good lord, I don't know.  You pick.  So she chose a nice warm brown that has glints of gold in it when it hits the light.  And the final result.......


I like!  My bangs aren't sitting flat across my forehead like Russell Crowe in Gladiator anymore, so yay for small victories.  When I put product in it and fluff it I can get some height without looking like Johnny Bravo.

Now I'm really looking forward to allowing the length to come in.   I made another appointment for 8 weeks from now to get a cleanup so we'll see how it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment